Current Job Openings
Shoreline Christian School located north of Seattle in Shoreline Washington, is a pre-school through 12th grade school serving our area since 1952. We are seeking confident and motivated individuals who can enthusiastically share our vision of providing high quality Christian education to a diverse community. We are currently hiring:
- Account and Human Resources Manager - We are looking for two, part-time bookkeeper and HR managers. Job description available here. Submit applications and questions to Director of Development Tassie DeMoney.
- MS and HS Language Arts - We are looking for a .75FTE language arts teacher for the 2018/19 school year. You can download the application here. Please submit your application and any questions to Administrator Tim Visser.
- HS Social Studies - We are looking for a HS Social Studies teacher for the 2018/19 school year. You can download the application here. Please submit your application and any questions to Administrator Tim Visser.
- Kindergarten Teacher - We are looking for a Kindergarten teacher for the 2018/19 school year. You can download the application here. Please submit your application and any questions to Administrator Tim Visser.
- Superintendent: Shoreline Christian School is looking for new leadership to join our community.
The Superintendent is the lead administrator of Shoreline Christian School, and is directly accountable to the Shoreline Christian School Society (SCSS) Board of Directors. The Superintendent provides leadership and supervision for the operation of the school according to the SCS Vision and Mission, Constitution, and Bylaws. The Superintendent advises the Board on policy, decision-making, governance, and long term planning and is responsible for ensuring that those policies and decisions are implemented.
Personal Characteristics: Our great hope is that the superintendent follow in the footsteps and hospitality of Jesus: creating time and space for people to flourish.
The superintendent creates, molds, and nurtures spaces where people can thrive: serving the board and its work; encouraging and growing the faculty and staff to be bold, humble, compassionate, and equipped; and leading the effort to reveal to our students who God is and our right relationship to Him and to each other. When necessary, the superintendent speaks truth in love and also understands that God’s good creation is one of music, joy, laughter, work, and relationship - that it spins out of the relationship of the three persons of God. Ultimately s/he works for the restoration and renewal of all things.
Professional Characteristics: The Superintendent holds a Master’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in leadership or school administration, has extensive experience as a school leader in a Christian school setting and preferably as a classroom teacher.
Read the full description and job details.
If you would like to enter the process of potentially joining the SCS community as the Superintendent, please submit your resume, testimony/statement of faith, and a brief statement of philosophy of Christian education to the search team. The review of applications will begin on January 5, 2018.
email@example.com or SCS Superintendent Search Team 2400 NE 147th St, Shoreline WA 98155.
We are hoping to confirm the right candidate in February 2018 with responsibilities commencing in July 2018.
Shoreline Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.